Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend What Nots (with no pictures)

If you are looking for pictures, keep on a moving. I just don't feel the need to take pictures of the family all lounging around in our pjs fighting with the temper tantrums of a 5 year old. Yep, that was basically it. Twinkle Toes has definitely been keeping the hubs and I on our toes by her stomps and yelling that I am about to go cray cray!!!

Friday after the hubs got home, we rested, went grocery shopping at Wal Mart (and saved approx. $30.00 by price matching), rented 2 movies and called it a night. We watched Quartet and Side Effects. Quartet was a great love story of two older people who lost love and then found it again in a retirement home for famous musicians, and Side Effects was GREAT!!! The movie naturally intrigued me because it had to do with Psychology and since that is what my masters is in, I tried to figure it out the whole time. It definitely has a twist and was wonderful!! I highly recommend it.

Saturday, we slept in and went swimming. Twinkle Toes did not poop or throw up!!!!!!!!! Winning!!!!!! Maybe she is learning to keep her mouth closed better because she knows it make her sick. We came home, slept some more and had grilled cheeses for supper. Then I had this awesome idea!!!!! I wanted a Starbucks and a Gigi's cupcake. The Hubs, being the great one he is, was all for it. We loaded up the family, including Phoebe the dog, and headed out for the hour drive to the nearest Gigi's and Starbuck. We all had on our pjs and it was wonderful!!!! We came home with a half of a dozen cupcakes and a happy Mommy!!!!

Sunday, I actually felt like getting out of bed and going to church!! It was a great morning, finished off with a 4 hour afternoon nap, Big Brother, and Turtle Man. Twinkle Toes loves Turtle Man AKA Call of the Wild. She sits there so intently trying to figure out what the animal is. Well, last night there was a deer on there that broke through the glass windows of a town store. The Hubs and I didn't think a thing about it until we put her down for the night and was terrified that a deer was going to jump through the windows on the back of out house. Que Twinkle Toes sleeping with us and me waking up in a flare, barely being able to walk to the bathroom. Oh, it was bad!!!

Carry on Lupies and I will catch y'all later. Happy Monday!!!!!

~Tiffany~

1 comment:

  1. aww honey what a wonderful weekend, thanks for the movie tips I've been wondering about Side Effects, just hope I can remember when Pappy asks "Any movie in particular" :o)or was it on TV ?
    It's good to know swimming isn't going to include pooping or throwing up (fingers crossed) Little ones can be sheltered only so much, the rest they have to figure out themselves, even if it means tummy upsets etc in the process.
    Love the impromptu run for desert in the pj's...how fun. Those are memories that last.
    Sorry the weekend had to end in a flare (it's so typical) Thats the kind of thing many don't understand and comments like "But you were well all weekend" come up from some unknowing folks. I hope you're feeling a bit better honey and it's calmed down.
    Most important I'm happy you had such a wonderful weekend. Bless you and your Family.

    ReplyDelete