Monday, January 28, 2013

Seriously PEEHIP

Ahhhhhh PEEHIP.......the public education health insurance of Alabama. In more or less of words, it stinks!!!! PEEHIP was the reason so many women went into education. It had great benefits, it was cheap, and you were treated like gold everywhere you went because you were a member of PEEHIP. Notice I said HAD. Over the last three years, PEEHIP has gone down the drain. It now charges double for co-pays, requires prior authorization to many common medications, and charges you outrageous fees for labs.

Last month, I had 3 doctors appointments in one day. I live well over an hour away from all of my doctors and I try to knock them out in one day. After a day, that began well before 8 a.m. And didn't end until my husband and I got home around 7 p.m. I had spent $150.00 in co-pays and lab fees. That totally ruined my December/January budget. (I haven't been paid in 6 weeks due to the Christmas holidays.) That is not counting food (we packed our own snacks and drinks), gas, and the PTO time my husband had to take to go with me. I thought well, I wonder what we will have to go without this month.

As the month as progressed, I have received 3 bills from 2 different doctor's offices, and a bill from the lab wanting more money from where they filed my insurance and my insurance didn't pay. Happy Birthday to me!!!! Those bills have completely ruined now my February budget.

Do you find yourself in a budget crunch due to your doctor visits, and how to budget for medical expenses?

I have felt pretty good today, other than being fatigued. Here are a few pictures from this weekend and today's outfit. The first is a picture I found on Pinterest that describes the hubs to a "T", the second is how I spent my Sunday night (working), and the last one is my work outfit.

Jeans: Belk
White top: Old Navy
Red Jacket: local boutique
Belt: Forever 21
Red Heels: clearance room @ Belk


Hope you have had a great Monday lupies!!!!!!!






1 comment:

  1. I would resent that picture, if it wasn't true.
    -the hubs

    ReplyDelete