Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Teacher Perks

Yep, it is 10:05 a.m. and I am still in the bed. To be completely honest, I am exhausted!!!! Twinkle Toes has had a terrible cough that she brought home from the beach and it is still here. So, I am getting up at 2 and 3 a.m. to give her cough meds. When I am not giving her meds, I am awake because she is coughing so loud!!!!! You would think since her room is upstairs and mine is downstairs I wouldn't hear her, but I guess it is a mommy thing.

So, we are at the beach going to eat supper, and the hubs says, "Do you feel that?" I am like "What?" Long story short, my transmission was getting hung around 30 mph and I didn't even notice it. (Do keep in mind that my car is less than 2 months old.) The next day, the hubs calls the dealership and they were like sure, bring it in when you get back and we will give it a look over. OK no problem!!!! Um, we took it in on Monday, today is Wednesday, and they can't tell me what's a wrong with it. What the crap!!!!!! If they can't tell me what's wrong with it today, I am going to ask that they give me a new car. I mean, if it is tearing up like this after two months, what's going to happen after a year. It just concerns me, ok it pisses me off!!!!

One more story........ We got home from vacation Saturday and the hubs went to turn on the TV and it was dead. Not only was the TV dead, but the satellite box was dead, the DVD player was dead, the TV in the bedroom was dead, and all the satellite boxes in the bedrooms were dead. Yep, lightning got everything. This is the 3rd time this has happened since we have been in this house and we moved in in April of 2012. We replaced our 8th TV on Sunday. Alabama Power came out yesterday, and determined that the surges are not coming through the power lines. We had already called Direct TV and they sent us another box. Of course, the box didn't work. Had to send somebody out to fix that. The fix it guy determined that the surge did come from the satellite, but because we didn't buy their protection plan, they are not going to replace our TVs. What a crock in my opinion. They determine it is on their end and they won't take responsibility for it. Just my luck!!!!

Ok, what is good about these situations?? I am a school teacher and I am able to be at home for when the dealership calls about my car, I am able to be here when the fix it people come, and I can read my book, The Proposition, all day!!!!! I am loving my job!!!!! 

Later Lupies
~Tiffany~

No comments:

Post a Comment