Monday, August 26, 2013

30 lbs and mortified

Well, the school year is in full swing and other than the sensitivity to the lights, I am doing great!!! Pray that this continues. My classes are large and I did have to send three to ISS for huffing Germ-X in my classroom, but other than that the kids are really good. (Yes, I teach 6th grade and yes, you can get high off of Germ-X. I googled it.) I am looking forward to a great school year.

The hubs is engrossed with his school work as well. He made an A on his first paper!! I am one proud wifey. He studies about 12 hours a day, but I wouldn't want anybody putting me to sleep who didn't :)

Now, the point of this post. I am just going to throw this out there. I have always been up front and honest, and that is not going to change now. When school let out in May, I weighed 115-120 lbs. which is in the healthy range for my height. Today, I weight 141. I have gained 30 lbs in 3 months!!! What the heck happened? I look back at the summer and all I did was eat giant Fudge Rounds, the hubs cooked French Toast all the time and I covered mine with syrup. The bottom line is, I totally did not take care of myself this summer. I let myself go, and for the majority of the summer I did not feel well. I have been researching different auto-immune diets and the hubs has been helping me. We have decided that the gluten free diet would be the best for me. You can still have foods that you would normally eat, but it doesn't have the gluten in it. He has a friend that is a gluten free eater because his wife cannot have gluten, so he is a great resource. Also, I have done research on foods that I enjoy that could possibly have a gluten free brand. So, with that being said, here are some items from my grocery list this week:

gluten free bagels
Philly cream cheese
Gluten free bread
Hellmans mayo
Orgainc or 100% natural turkey
Lettuce
Tomato
Purple Onion
Spinach pizza on rice crust
Gluten Free Frozen meals
Cheetos
Baked Dortios
Ruffles original potato chips
Yoplait yogurt
Sargento light string cheese
Cane sugar

I will have the yogurt and bagels for breakfast, the sandwiches, string cheese, and chips for lunch, and the pizza and frozen meals for supper. The only problem is snacks. I can't seem to find any gluten free snacks that I would enjoy. It makes it really hard because I am allergic to nuts. If any of you have any suggestions, I am all ears.

Have a great Monday lupies!!

~Tiffany~


No comments:

Post a Comment