Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to Work...and florescent lights

Well, lupies......... I am back at work and in the swing of things!! It is Wednesday, the worst day of the week,  and I am exhausted!!! That is to be expected. I always have a hard time getting back into the swing of things and getting my body accustomed to a new schedule.

I have been diagnosed with lupus for 11 years, and not once have I had any abnormal skin irritations due to sun exposure. This summer, however, was different. I had terrible reactions to the sun!! I was able to be outside very little and this crushed me!! I had very little time to take the princess swimming and when we went to the beach, I was miserable. Well, another symptom strikes again. I have come back to work and the florescent lights are causing me misery!!! I break out in hives all over my body and I feel like there are 1,000,000 needles being poked into my body all day long. I am miserable!!

So, what do I do? I called the doctor. Do you really want to know what the doctor said?? She said to wear sunscreen and Cortizone cream for the rash. Seriously?!?!?!?!? I could have told you that!! My make up has SPF 35 in it, and I am in long sleeve shirts and pants. Is this all I can do?? My job is on the line here and that is all the advice they can give me?? I am beyond frustrated!!!!!

Disability is the last thing I want, but the pain is so bad, it has crossed my mind. Do any of you have this problem with the lights and what did/are you doing about it??


Have a happy worst day of the week!!!

~Tiffany~




This is the princess and I before her first ballet class last night!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment