Friday, February 15, 2013

So, I went to the Rheumy yesterday.....

After having a TIA, I went to my Rheumy yesterday for my 6 weeks check-up. I had my notebook of things to talk to him about such as confusion, memory loss, limited function in my right hand, insomnia, continued hair loss, and a few other minor things. I talked with the fellow first, and he was extremely helpful!! He told me that it may be time to make some changes in my medication and do some further neuro testing. I was like, finally, something is going to happen and I am going to fell better!!!! Well, that was short lived. My Rheumy came in shortly after and reviewed my labs from 6 weeks ago. Fortunately, everything was in normal range. He felt of the joints on my hands, moved my arms around a little, and said bring me your most recent MRI and I will see you in May. WAIT A FLIPPIN MINUTE!!!!! The fellow then spoke up and told him all the other problems I was having. His response was to talk to my psychologist about it......ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! I have been coming to you for 8 years and you are passing off my symptoms, that are clearly lupus related, off on someone else because all my labs looked good from 6 weeks ago. Frustrated is not the word!!!

What do I do?? I have been with him since being diagnosed 8 years ago, and he has kept me as well as can be so far, but it is getting worse. I want answers. I want changes. I want at least an attempt to try something to make me feel better..... I am so upset. I talked to my husband about changing Rheumy. He doesn't think this is a good idea because I have a national renown Rheumy and is suppose to be one of the best. Maybe it can't be fixed or maybe it won't get better, but have to guts to tell me that!!!

After what I felt like was a wasted trip, Em J and I went for a little retail therapy. In my latest IPSY box, I got some liquid eye liner, but I didn't have a brush to apply it with. I went with the classic MAC pointed eye liner brush....I'm in love!!! It goes on sooo smooth. My concealer brush was flaking (it was $1 e.l.f. from Target, so I splurged for the MAC concealer brush as well. Also, worth the $$$

Next I returned my Sultra Bombshell curling wand that I got for Christmas. I just was not working for me!!! I returned it for a T3 Single Pass flat iron. I plugged it in this morning, and it's a dud. It will not get hot!!! Called tonight and I am returning it tomorrow. Thank goodness today was "hair day" and I don't have to worry about fixing it for a few days!!!

Lastly, I bought The Hubs his Valentine's Day gift! A milk frother!!!! Yes, folks.... he wanted a milk frother. Hey, as long as he fixes me some yummy drinks with that frother, I think we all win :)

Tomorrow is the princess's tea party birthday party!!! I am so excited, because this year we opted on a party where someone else does all the work!!! I am pumped!!! The party starts at 1:00, the people told me to be there about 12:40 and they would have everything!!!! What a blessing!!! I will post pictures of the tea party and let you know how it goes!!!

What do you do to make yourself feel better after a disappointing doc appointment? Do you get ugly and demand answers or are you like me and walk out feeling like you wasted your time and money?

I hope you all have a restful and pain free weekend!!

I post a bunch of pictures on instagram, so follow me (@tiffanyadonnan) to see what all I am up to!!!

Cheers to the weekend!!!



1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful that you are getting thoughts from this piece of writing as well as from our dialogue made at this time.

    my homepage female fitness model art bodybuilders (cattopsites.com)

    ReplyDelete