Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sleep and Mommy Guilt

I have been awake for a total of 5 hours since 9 p.m. last night.


The hubs, the princess, and I went to senior night for our high school's basketball team last night. It is always fun to watch these kids grow up and represent our school so well. However, I was exhausted last night. I was up at 5:15, worked all day, had a hair appointment to have my hair colored that I didn't get out of until 6:30, then it was off to the games I went. Having done all that and then sitting at the games took its toll. We came home about 830, put the princess to bed, and off to bed I went.

That was all she wrote until 11:30 a.m. this afternoon!!! Yes, I slept for 14 straight hours. I don't know how any healthy person can sleep that long at one time. The hubs is so awesome that he gets up with the princess and has orange rolls waiting on me when I wake up. That is just one of the amazing things he has done today!!

During the next few hours, I lay in the bed, order my face cleanser (we live in a small town so far away from a city, that shipping is cheaper than the gas to get there), and we watch the AKC dog show as a family!! Just as I was about to get up and be productive, I fall back asleep and sleep for another 2 1/2 hours!!!!! I wake up once again and find that the hubs has gone to get supper and has it ready!! Talk about Mommy guilt, yes I have it today!!

I have done absolutely NOTHING for my family today. I feel so helpless on days like this. But, I can't be Debbie Downer about it and feel guilty!! I have to make those hours, even minutes, count 100%, that I am up and feel good. I love on my princess, the hubs, and even my fur baby, Phoebe!!

On the flip side, I am thankful for the days that I have to do this and allow my body to repair itself from the week. People with lupus are not able to do all that I do without giving the body time to heal and repair. My advice to you is take that time!!!!! Your family will appreciate you more if you are happy and loving towards them for a few hours, than if you are tired cranky, and helpless. There is always that feeling of guilt, or there is for me anyway. I feel I should be cleaning, baking yummy Saturday treats, or playing with the princess. But, this is the life I was given and I have to accept it. I am just thankful that I am blessed with an understanding husband that encourages me to take care of myself in any way that I can!!

I am planning on a very low key evening of watching Michigan basketball with the hubs and doing some light cleaning!!! I hope you all have a great night and Go Blue!!!!

This is a picture I snapped today of the princess and myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment