Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend Update

Weekend Update = Womp Womp!!!!!!! While Friday was a very exciting day filled with meetings and basketball games, Saturday was the bomb.com!!!!

Saturday I did nothing but sleep. I mean when I say sleep, I mean sleep A LOT!!!!!!!!! My gracious and wonderful hubs let me sleep in until 12:00 noon!!!!! Yes, noon!!!!!! He even brought me lunch in bed and that is where I stayed until I fell back asleep at about 3:00 and slept until 5:00. My dad cooked omlets for everyone and after we all ate and watched a little football, it was back to bed for me at 8:30.

Sunday, we got up and went to church. It was a wonderful morning filled with encouragement. The hubs and I have started going to a new class and it is so encouraging!!!! I hope to share a little of what we are doing in there soon. After church, we went for some Mexican and then it was back home, and you guessed it.....a Sunday afternoon nap.

With all that being said, I know you are probably thinking how in the world does someone sleep that much?!?!?! I sleep that much because every day of every week is such a stuggle for someone with lupus. I do not stay up crazy hours of the night. As a matter of fact, I tend to get 8 plus hours of sleep a night!!! That is how much my body needs to rest after a 5 day work week. I do not work in the maufacturing line of work, nor do I do streneous activities during the week. I am a school teacher that gets to go home at 3:15 most days and rest until 5:30 or 6:00. Lupus literally sucks the life out of me and I don't know what I would do if I wasn't able to have my rest time. If I don't get a rest day during the weekend, you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar that I will miss a day of work because I am just too sick to function and in so much pain that it is hard for me to move. My weekends are precious and so is my time with my students. So, in order for it all to work, I have to stop, rest, and let my body recouperate from the week and charge up for the next one.

I hope you all have a great Monday and a great week!!!!! 

~Tiffany~

Here is a little something that will hopefully make you smile. This is my neice and her art work from the weekend. I was so impressed that she did not get anything on that pretty white dress!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment