Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Terrific Tuesday

OK.....so I know I have been MIA lately, but the last 2 weeks of school exhaust me. Last night, the hubs and I were in the bed before the sub went down. There is so much to do at the end of the year. There are exemptions, classroom inventories, exams and study guides to be made, and I can't forget awards night.

It may not sound like a lot, but it takes so long to do that for 150 students!!! The good news is, it is all finished with the exception of grading the exams and completing the end of the year packet (which I haven't even looked at because it is still in my box in the office).

It is a terrific Tuesday, because it is our last FULL day of school. Tomorrow and Wednesday the kids go until 12:00 and Friday is a work day for teachers. Then...............SCHOOL IS OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!! Woop Woop!!!!!!!!!

The hubs and I were looking forward to a relaxing Saturday last weekend, but Twinkle Toes had other plans. She fell about 9:00 Saturday morning while doing her "ballet" and busted her head open. The hubs thought it would be no big deal to stitch up, so we took her to our local community hospital. The doctor came in, took one look at it, and then sent us to a children's hospital. I had no idea it was that bad, but the doctor said that the hospital did not have the pediatric support to suture it, sedate her, or do the scans. I was glad that the doctor recognized this and sent us on instead of trying to make a doll hair and do it himself. After we got to children's everything was smooth sailing...until she had an anxiety attack and flopped all over the bed like a fish out of water. It took 4 people to hold her down. The good thing about the meds they gave her is that she remembers nothing!!!
Here is a pic of her head and she was all smiles at the children's hospital (this was the before shot). She was too pitiful to take an after shot. 

Well, that is about all that is going on here in this lupie's life. I will leave you with a picture of Twinkle Toes and myself that was taken on Mother's Day. Everybody have a fabulous Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment