Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy, Happy, Summer

Happy, happy summer!!!!!!! School is out and I am ready to rock and roll!!!!! I thought I would start out today's post with the most bittersweet picture I could. This is a picture of the last day of school. I am thrilled to be out for summer, but I worry about my students. I worry will they have enough to eat, what if their parents abuse them and they have no one to tell? I just pray everyday that my students are safe and happy :)





This is just a happy one of my teacher friends sent me on the last day of school!!! Enjoy!!



Then comes Saturday. The day Twinkle Toes graduated from pre-school. I love this little girl more than words can say. Her teacher told me that she is an absolute ray of sunshine everyday!!! I love that her teacher saw what I get to see everyday!!! My ray of sunshine.




And here is the graduate :) She couldn't be more excited. Oh, and BTW she wants to be a cheerleader when she grows up. She is her Mother's child :)



After graduation we headed north the the Tennessee River to the lake house where we met up with great family friends, my sister's family, and my parents. These are my girls!! Twinkle Toes and my sister's oldest daughter, LK.



All suited and buckled up and ready to go on a boat ride.



She couldn't be happier!!!!



Nothing says summer at the lake like a warm day and cold popsicle.



Because of the weekend before and our little visit to the hospital, Twinkle Toes couldn't get in the water. So, what's the next best thing at the lake, the water hose!!!!!


And this, my friends, was my view the entire weekend. Pure and absolute relaxation!!!


This is the best "Puh" there is. My Daddy with LK on the boat.


Could there be anything more sweeter. This is ME, my sister's baby girl #2. She is less than 6 weeks old and has already had her first outing at the lake. I can't wait until she is big enough to join my other girls.


My Daddy in his happy place!! A fishing boat with clear skies and beautiful water. He is such a hard worker, I wish he could spend more time here.



And this gal is Darla. I love this dog more than I knew...Darla is my sister and her husband's dog that is the dumbest, smart dog I know. We were down at the dock helping my Daddy get the boat on the lift and this angel face decided she was going to step on the running boards of the life and get her a drink. Well, naturally, the running boards were slippery. Dumb Darla took one step and fell in. I just got finished asking Michael, my sister's husband, if she could swim. He was very hesitant, and said she can, but tends to sink. Not knowing that she was going to fall in when I asked, I went in after the doll face. She kept bobbing up and down like a bobber, got under the dock where I couldn't reach her. I kept grabbing for her collar, but it kept slipping out of my hand. I finally got her, and started puling her out. By this time, Michael had handed LK off to my mother and came to help. In the mix of saving Darla, I lost my engagement ring. I am sick, however, I still have the first diamond my husband ever gave me. Several years ago, he had it reset into a dinner ring setting and thank goodness I didn't have it on. I still have my wedding band. So, unless the hubs decides to surprise me, I will be diamond less for the next three years :( 


And that, my friends, was my weekend. I hope you all have a great afternoon. I will be back again soon.


~Tiffany~

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun relaxing weekend! YAY school is out. enjoy your summer vaca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it through another school year! Yay! I still have two more days to go!

    ReplyDelete