Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lupus and Grieving

I have been blessed in this life on earth with being able to have 1 great-grandparent, 4 grandparents, and 2 wonderful parents. My mother's parents, and my great-grandmother passed before I was diagnosed with lupus and the grieving was something that I would not wish on my worst enemy. 

Yesterday, I was at the hospital in the CCU waiting room, with my aunt when Granddaddy took his last breath here on this earth. It was something that the hubs had prepared me for that was a possibility, but the emotional side of me believed he would fight through. He passed while trying to take dialysis as what I believe was a last resort. 

Of course the emotional pain is beyond bearable, but what I was not prepared for was the physical pain that the emotional pain brings on with having lupus. I hurt all over!!! I hurt in my back, my legs, my neck, my fingers, hands, feet, just all over. I thought maybe if I had a good night's rest that that would help, but I still woke up in the same physical pain. I have tried pain relievers and muscle relaxers. I haven't brought out the big gun pain relievers because my house is where everyone is coming to eat and be with the family. I know that I will get through this, and I am hoping soon. Please keep my family in your prayers as we grieve for the man that led our family.

~Tiffany~


No comments:

Post a Comment