Sunday, March 31, 2013

Weekend Round Up

The weekend began for me on Thursday as we traveled to Nashville for a church convention. The ride went by really fast and thank the lawd we didn't have any traffic issues or delays or the hubs would have gone cra cra. When we got there, our keys were not ready yet. I can understand this when a convention of 10,000 comes to one place for one weekend, and we all try to get our keys within a 3 hour timespan. So, what do we do???? We walk to Opry Mills, shop, grab a bite to eat, and of course ride the carousel.




The princess still had birthday money to spend, and when we went into the Disney store, she knew EXACTLY what she wanted.... (yes, my 5 year old still rides in a stroller. Don't be making fun.....it's her choice. Heck, it's a long walk from the hotel to the mall, and have you ever been to that mall? Keep in mind it is the size of the old Opryland theme park. We ended up getting keys around 7:00 p.m. All of our rooms were wrong, they were not together, and families with 5 people ended up with a king size bed, and not doubles. We gave up our room to one family that needed doubles. It worked out fine for us, so no biggie.  Of course, the convention staff themselves, were very apologetic, but the staff at the hotel was not. Apparently, the Gaylord Opryland has been bought out by Marriott and this was their first major convention under the new management. All I have to say, is that they better be getting their crap together before next year, or we will take our 10,000 and go elsewhere. 





Friday, began the actual convention!!! Our day began at 11 with judging Art projects. Our division was  grades 3 and 4 photography. After we chose the winners, we had lunch and then our youth group competed in three different divisions of puppet theater. This caused us to walk all over the hotel to the different meeting rooms...talk about painful and worn out!!! I was worn slap dab out, and we had not even gone to the 2 1/2 hour awards ceremony that didn't begin until 8:00!!! Needless to say, I slept through dinner and woke up about an hour before the ceremony started.



OOTD (Friday)
Top: Forever 21
Pants: JEG Boutique



I knida like these 2!!!!!



The princess and her chevron dress!! She is my child!!!!! She is being recognized for knowing her books of the Bible!!!



Look at them!!!! I went into J Crew Saturday and came out to find them sitting the exact same way. How cute are they?!?!?!?!?



OOTD (Saturday)
Pants: Kohls

Lizzie's OOTD



Of course no Easter is not complete without a visit to the Easter Bunny!!!



So proud of her courage to get up and sing a Song of Praise!!!



Easter morning we worshiped with approx 10,000 souls at the Garylord Opryland. It was a beautiful service.


Easter breakfsat!!!

OOTD
Dress: Belk
Hat: Ner a clue..it belongs to my sister.



This is my purchase in honor of Easter. A cross and a letter "D" for my brighton charm bracelet. 


As like many of you, it is better for me to take a day off after a huge weekend like this past one. I did just that. I got a sub and took the day off. However, my Granddad is VERY sick in the hospital and I have chose to go and sit with my grandmother. Please pray for my family. It is a very difficult time for us. I know that it would be better for me to stay at home and nap and rest, but this is where I feel I need to be. I dread it like the plague. Just pray that I do not have any side effects from the busy weekend and then a long day at the hospital. 

Happy Monday Lupies!!

~Tiffany~

No comments:

Post a Comment