Sunday, March 10, 2013

Movies and More

When the hubs and I started dating (over a decade ago) going to the movies was our absolute favorite thing to do. So, after a beautiful Friday afternoon of driving home from work with the sunroof open for the first time this year, I was more than pumped about going to the movies later on that night.


 But, after I was diagnosed, it became harder and harder for me to go and sit through a movie. I don't know if it is the way the seats are made or what it is, but my legs and hips hurt soooo bad when we go. Well, we went to the movies for the first time in over 6 months this past weekend to see Oz for a friend's birthday. I had to get up twice and walk around and at one point I even told the hubs that I was going to have to go to the car and stretch out. There could have been a lot of factors that contributed to this. First of all, it was cold in the theater. Anytime I get cold, I hurt. Secondly, it was on a Friday after I had worked all week and I was tired. Any and all of these could have contributed to the pain. But, with all of that aside, I did make it through the movie and it was WONDERFUL!!!!! Quite possibly the best 3D movie I have seen (aside from Disney World, of course). The colors were absolutely beautiful, the story was so good, and it was so much fun to figure out who everybody was!! I highly recommend this movie. Even though it is rated PG, I wouldn't take my young kids to see it. There are a few parts where things jump out at you, and may be a little scary. Overall, I give it 4 bags of popcorn!!!



Saturday, I had my hair done and did the grocery shopping.  Nothing exciting to report. I took a nap, ordered pizza, stalked some people on fb, twitter, and instagram while the hubs watched a movie, and then went to bed at 8:30. Yes, 8:30.....I lived it up this weekend!!

 I am a sucker for free gifts, so when Em J told me that Lancome was having their free gift time, I bought the hubs's favorite perfume, La Vista Belle, and got my free gift. I tried the primer and the new hypnose star mascara and to my surprise, it was amazing!!!! No clumping, just extended lashes. I'll let you be the judge. It may be my new go to!!


Sunday afternoon, Princess Lizzie and I had nail time. We did nails, and then added a little bling of..........wait for it..........CHEVRON!!!!!!! I LOVE CHEVRON!!!!!! As a matter of fact, I just redid our master bedroom with chevron pillows and curtains...




That's about it folks!!! Despite the lupus getting in my way Friday night while I was trying to enjoy the movie, I beat it!!!!! Yeppers.......who ever is keeping score, write it down..........

Tiffany-1
Lupus-0

Have a great Monday!!!

Cheers!
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment