Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lupus and Social Media

I have a love/hate relationship with social media. I absolutely love the fact that I can get on the computer or my phone at any given time of the day or night and read all about what is going on in the lives of my friends that I do not get to see everyday. I would say I am on some type of social media at least once an hour if not more from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.

I hate the fact that I have become addicted to social media. My husband and I don't communicate the way we should in the evenings, and I feel like I am missing quality time with my daughter because I am on my computer/ipad/phone.

I dont know how I feel about this relationship I have with social media. I am a school teacher and we are not allowed to post onto any social media from 8-3. Does that mean I never look at it....heck to the no!!! I am as bad as , if not worse than the kids. I am checking status updates, tweets, IG pics, and keeks between classes, in the halls, at lunch, break, planning, and after school.

I say all that to say this....social media is how and where I get most of my new information about lupus from and how I stay connected to my lupus support groups. I am always learning something new, helping a fellow group member cope with a lupus issue, or I am writing this blog. Finding a cure and inspiring those with lupus is my goal, but I must not neglect what is important to me and that is my family.

So, I have teamed up with Mama Laughlin and I am taking an April challenge. I will shut off all social media after 5 p.m. each day. The hubs has even agreed to join in. You should check my Keek (tiffanyadonnan) out about it!! I explain a little bit more about it there.

Will you join me and taking this challenge? Will it be harder to catch up in the mornings, respond to emails, and blog...yep, but nobody said this was going to be easy. You should totes be in. Post your thoughts on IG #poundbepresent. Follow me @tiffanyadonnan. I will be posting daily how things are going....you have form now until Sunday to get the social media craze out!!! Good luck!!!



On to something completely and totally random...I decided to do my hair different...I think I kinda like..



Later Lupies!!
Tiffany


No comments:

Post a Comment